Ingredients (serves 2-3):
20g dried porcini mushrooms
1 onion, finely chopped
200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200ml chicken or veg stock
200ml reserved mushroom stock
200ml whole milk
40g Parmesan, grated
2 chicken breasts
1. First, cover the dried porcini mushrooms in boiling water and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then, drain the mushrooms (save the water) and roughly chop.
2. Heat oil and a knob of butter into a deep pan. Add the chopped onion and mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper) and cook until soft and the onions translucent. Then, add in the chopped porcini mushrooms and garlic, cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Next, add in the orzo, chicken stock, reserved mushroom stock and milk and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring often, until the orzo is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed.
4. In the meantime, cook the chicken. Coat in oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Heat the griddle pan and once hot lay the chicken to cook (4 minutes on each side). Then, finish off in the oven to cook through.
5. Remove from the orzo from the heat and add the parmesan and season if needed.
6. Plate up the orzo, lay on the sliced chicken breast and top with chopped parsley.