Make way for the recipe for the crown of the kings brioche.
Extremely soft, with its sweet scent of orange blossom, this brioche will appeal to both young and old alike.
A perfect original recipe to celebrate Epiphany.
INGREDIENTS: 6 PERS.
500 g flour
1 egg yolk
250 g unsalted butter
20 g baker’s yeast
70 g caster sugar
30 g pearl sugar
5 cl orange blossom
10 g fine salt 1 bean
Preparation 20 min Cooking 30 min Rest 2 h
1. Dissolve the baker’s yeast in a little lukewarm water. Let sit for 5 min.
2. Mix the flour with the dissolved yeast as well as the sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the eggs one by one.
3. Add the orange blossom water and the soft butter. Knead for 5 min to obtain a supple and homogeneous dough. Film the dough and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Preheat your oven to 220 ° C. On the baking sheet, shape a crown with the dough then insert the bean into it. Cover it with a clean tea towel and let it grow on a baking sheet sprinkled with flour.
5. Whisk the egg yolk with 1 tbsp. tablespoon of water. Brush the surface of the crown with the gilding. Sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake for 30 minutes, reducing the temperature to 180 ° C. Take the crown out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
Leave a Comment