FRENCH BREAD OR BOLILLO 😋
- Advertisement -
500 grams of wheat flour
2 tablespoons of salt
1 spoon of sugar
1 and a half tablespoons dry yeast
1 and a half cups of water
3 tablespoons shortening or oil
- Form a fountain of flour, place the yeast in the center and half a cup of water to dissolve. Wait 10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Little by little mix the wheat flour with the water. Add the salt and sugar gradually.
- Add the vegetable shortening or oil and continue integrating the dough with force.
- Knead for 10 minutes to form an elastic and firm mass. It has to come off the prep table easily.
- Once the consistency is reached, place the dough in a bowl and cover it with plastic so it does not dry out. Let it rest until it doubles its size. At a temperature of 23ºC. It takes approximately 1 hour, this can vary depending on the conditions.
- Punch out the dough and knead it again with force. Cut it into 10 equal parts.
- Take each of the parts and shape them into a ball. Later, flatten it a bit and tuck the contours inwards. Finally turn the dough a little towards the center so that it takes the shape of a bolillo. You can place a little flour on the table to facilitate the procedure. Place them on a tray lined with waxed paper.
- Wait a moment for the dough to double in size again.
- With a knife, make a cut approximately one centimeter deep along the bobbin.
- Heat the oven to 250ºC and insert the tray. At the bottom place another tray with water, this is the secret to making your bolillos perfect. Bake for 15 minutes or until it reaches the desired color.
Leave a Comment