LEMON CAKE 😋
For the whisk:
50g lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
30g vegetable oil
120g of sugar
120g of flour
4 g baking powder
For the lemon filling:
135g lemon juice
1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
190g of sugar
10g corn starch
For the cheese filling:
400 g whipping cream
80g powdered sugar
200g cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the syrup:
100g of water
15g lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, zest and oil.
- Beat the egg whites and gradually add sugar. Then add the egg yolks as well.
- Apart mix flour and baking powder. Sift them and add them to the dough.
- Lastly, add the lemon juice mixture from before.
- Pour the dough into a mold (20 cm in diameter) and bake in a preheated oven at 160° for 35 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook the cream on the stove, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Sieve the cream and let it cool covered with some plastic wrap.
- Whip the cream with sugar, then add cream cheese and vanilla.
- Refine the cake and cut it into 3 equal layers.
- Moisten the cake with a syrup made from water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Assemble the dessert by filling the cake with both lemon cream and cream cheese.
- Use the cream cheese to cover the entire cake as well, then chill in the fridge for 6 hours.