STRAWBERRY CAKE 😋
300ml heavy whipping cream
40g powdered sugar
5ml vanilla extract
15g gelatin powder
60ml of boiling water
220g softened cream cheese
400g sweetened condensed milk
15g lemon zest
30ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
350g strawberries – small diced
250g strawberry jam
400g vanilla cake (you can use store bought)
For the coverage:
- Trim the edges of the vanilla cake, then cut into bite-sized pieces, set aside.
- Line the bottom and side plates with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang on the sides. I used a 28 x 18 x 5 cm glass dish.
- Combine diced strawberries and strawberry jam.
- Stir the gelatin in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, add the room temperature whipped cream, add the prepared gelatin and mix. Pour condensed milk, vanilla extract into the mixture, mix the ingredients, and then add the cheese mixture.
- Slowly pour in the lemon juice and mix just to combine.
- At the bottom of the prepared dish spread about 1/4 of the filling. Pour 1/2 of the strawberry mixture over the filling. Top with a single layer of pound cake bites.
- Then repeat: Spread 1/2 of the filling mixture over the cake pieces, spread the remaining strawberry mixture, top with pound cake pieces, and finish with the remaining 1/4 of the filling.
- Place in the fridge for four hours or overnight.
- Before serving, invert cake onto serving plate, remove plastic wrap, and top cake with strawberry frosting and garnish with fresh strawberries.