Vegetarian spring rolls are one of the most famous Asian specialties.
This healthy starter consists of a garnish generally made up of vermicelli and various seasonal vegetables.
Which are wrapped in rice cakes.
It is a recipe that allows you to eat more exotic than usual and lighter.
INGREDIENTS: 5 PERS.
100 g of rice vermicelli
250 g carrots
100 g red cabbage
4 tbsp. sesame oil
5 rice cakes for spring roll
10 to 15 mint leaves For the sauce:
2 tbsp. tablespoon soy sauce or nuoc mam
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. sesame oil
PREPARATION: Preparation 35 min Cooking 5 min Rest 1 h
1. To make this vegetarian spring roll recipe, start by cooking the rice vermicelli in a pot of hot water. Once cooked, drain them and set aside. Then cut the mango in half, then into strips after removing the core. For the carrots, cut their ends then grate them and set aside.
2. Proceed to the preparation of the avocado, cut it in half and remove the pits. Remove its skin then cut it into strips. Finally for the red cabbage, remove the damaged leaves, cut its base. Then chop it with a knife across its width.
3. Then proceed to the assembly of each spring roll. On the work surface, put a clean, slightly damp cloth. Pour lukewarm water into a large container, then soak each sheet of rice quickly and put it on the tea towel.
4. On each rice pancake, arrange the rice vermicelli in a rectangle. Then put the grated carrots, red cabbage, slices of mango and avocado and a few mint leaves. Then fold each side over the filling rectangle and roll up. Carry out this step until there is no more rice paper. Put your rolls in the fridge until tasting.
5. Finally prepare the sauce to accompany your vegetarian recipe. To do this, mix sesame oil, rice vinegar and salty soy sauce in a ramekin (replace the nuoc mam sauce with soy sauce for a vegetarian version if you wish). Dilute with a little water if you wish. Take your rolls out of the refrigerator and enjoy them with the prepared sauce.
Leave a Comment