CHOCOLATE CAKE 😋
250g butter at room temperature
300g of sugar
A few drops of vanilla essence
50g of pure cocoa powder
200g of strong flour
50g of cornstarch
80g chocolate chips or 75% cocoa chocolate chips
An envelope of Royal yeast
150 gr of shelled walnuts
Ingredients for the coverage:
100 gr of 75% cocoa chocolate
100 gr of fondant chocolate for desserts
A few drops of peppermint or mint essence
50 grams of butter
100 ml of cream 35% fat
- In a bowl we will sift the flour together with the yeast, the cornstarch and the cocoa. Reserve
- In another bowl we will mix the butter with the sugar, we will beat with the electric rods, we will add the eggs one by one, do not add the next one until they are well integrated, we will beat so that they are integrated with the mixture, add the essence of vanilla , add the flour little by little, mix with the previous dough until we get our dough for the cake. Add the chocolate chips and stir the nuts to distribute evenly.
- In a mold previously greased with butter and oil, we will pour the chocolate cake mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 170º and let the cake bake for 45 minutes, check that it is ready by inserting a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean our cake will be ready.
- Take out of the oven and let cool to unmold, once cold we will unmold and let it cool completely before bathing it with the chocolate coating.
- In a saucepan over very low heat, add the chocolate in pieces, the butter and the cream, with a few drops of peppermint, let it heat until it melts and stir constantly until we get our coverage.
- We will bathe the cake and let it cool so that it solidifies. Cool and serve.