Guava cake 🎂❤️
Guava cake is a delightful treat that captivates taste buds with its tropical sweetness. The subtle, fragrant essence of guava infuses every moist layer, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on the palate.
2 and 1/2 cups (tea) of wheat flour
1 and 1/2 cup (tea) of sugar
3 units of eggs
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
1 cup (tea) of milk
1 tablespoon of chemical baking powder for cakes
guava paste to taste
•200 g of guava, cut into cubes
•½ cup of water or dry white wine
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. In a blender, place the eggs, milk, butter and sugar;
2. Beat until it is very creamy;
3. In a bowl, place the sifted wheat flour and pour this mixture over the top;
4. Mix well, with the help of a whisk, until it is very homogeneous;
5. Add the baking powder and mix until well combined;
6. Then, pour half of the dough into a greased and floured pan;
7. Cut the guava paste into cubes, dip in wheat flour and place half of them on top of the dough;
8. Then pour the rest of the dough, add the rest of the cubes;
9. Bake in a preheated oven, 180ºC, for around 40 minutes or until golden.
To make the topping, in a medium pan, add the diced guava paste and water or wine. Place in a medium oven and cook until the guava paste melts (approximately 10 minutes).
NOTE: You need to dip the guava cubes in wheat flour so that they don’t sink to the bottom of the pan.
Do not sink the cubes, they will come down naturally as the cake bakes.