Homemade frosting is a delicious mixture of powdered sugar, butter and other ingredients, such as vanilla or cocoa, that is whipped until smooth and shiny. Its versatility allows you to create different flavors and colors, adding a personal touch to cakes, cookies and cupcakes. Making homemade frosting not only brings out the flavor of desserts, but also provides the satisfaction of creating something unique in the kitchen.
• 225 grams of powdered sugar (icing or powdered sugar)
• 85 grams of butter at room temperature
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
• 2-3 tablespoons of milk (you can adjust according to the desired consistency)
For a delicious homemade frosting, make sure the butter is at room temperature and mix the ingredients gradually to achieve a smooth, homogeneous texture.
• In a large bowl, sift the powdered sugar to make sure there are no lumps.
• Add the butter at room temperature to the powdered sugar. You can cut the butter into smaller pieces to make it easier to mix.
• Using an electric mixer or by hand, mix the butter and powdered sugar on low speed at first to prevent the sugar from scattering everywhere. Then, increase the speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
• Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
• Gradually add the milk a tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly. Stop adding milk when you reach the desired consistency.
• If the glaze is too runny, add more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk.
• Taste the frosting and adjust the amount of vanilla essence or powdered sugar according to your personal taste.
Once you have prepared the frosting, you can use it to decorate cupcakes, cakes, cookies, or any other dessert you desire. I hope you enjoy your homemade frosting!