1 x 225g block of halloumi
1/3 cup flour
2 eggs, whisked
1/3 cup golden breadcrumbs
1/4tsp smoked paprika + garlic powder
salt and pepper
dipping sauce (optional but recommended):
2 roasted red peppers from a jar
2 sundries tomatoes (+ tbsp oil from the jar)
1/2 tsp oregano
1 small garlic clove
tbsp tomato paste
1. Preheat your oven to 200c fan.
2. Cut your halloumi into roughly 8 sticks.
3. In three separate dishes add flour, whisked eggs and breadcrumbs (add paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper into the breadcrumbs and mix until combined).
4. First coat your halloumi stick in flour, followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Repeat for all remaining halloumi sticks.
5. Transfer to a lined baking tray and cook for 15 mins.
6. For the dipping sauce, whiz up all ingredients in a blender until smooth – feel free to add a splash of water to help it along.