Finally got around to doing some baking, and of course I had to make something Christmas themed! I personally love candy canes, so adding them to chocolate cake was an obvious decision
This loaf cake is just perfect for a Christmas party or even for an afternoon pick me up.
🍫 1 1/2c All Purpose Flour
🍫 1/4c Cocoa Powder
🍫 1c Brown Sugar
🍫 1 tsp Instant Coffee
🍫 1/2 tsp Salt
🍫 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
🍫 1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
🍫 1 tsp Vanilla Essence (** You can add Peppermint Extract instead if you’d like!)
🍫 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
🍫 1/2c Boiling Water
🍫 1/2c Almond Milk
🎄 1/2c Chocolate Melts (**I didn’t use a vegan one as I ran out, but feel free to use whichever one you wish!)
🎄 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2c Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
Crushed Candy Canes
1. Preheat the oven to 177°C (350°F) and spray the loaf pan with spray oil.
2. Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, measure the dry ingredients for the cake and combine.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients for the cake + the almond milk & ACV mixture. (**You can add peppermint extract instead of vanilla essence if you wish!)
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Meanwhile, make the chocolate glaze by melting together chocolate and coconut oil. I did this in the microwave!
7. Wait for the cake to cool before adding the chocolate glaze.
8. Put the cake in the fridge for the chocolate glaze to harden.
9. Make the peppermint glaze in the mean time.
10. Take out the cake and drizzle the peppermint glaze on top. Put the cake back in the fridge until the peppermint glaze has also hardened.
11. Add crushed candy canes on top!