Ahh the ol’ protein Swiss roll! You can’t go wrong with this bad boi!
Tbh I was gonna post this over Christmas as a Yule log, but I truly just wanted to spend the time with family as best I could. I hope you guys understand!
Hope you guys have had a killer Christmas and a massive New Years planned! 2022 is gonna be a MASSIVE year in the Zacro kitchen! I
45g Plain Flour
3g Baking Powder
30g Chocolate Smooth Whey
10g Cocoa Powder
85g Stevia (1/2 Cup Sweetener)
65ml Almond Milk
3 Eggs (Separated)
200g Low Fat/No Fat Greek Yoghurt
20g Vanilla Casein
1. Preheat that bad boi oven to 180°C and prep a baking sheet.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, protein, cocoa powder and stevia into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In a seperate bowl, seperate your eggs and whisk your egg whites until you have soft peaks.
4. Add your egg yolks and almond milk to your dry mix the stir to combine, then in quarters or thirds add your egg whites continuously stirring.
5. Pour into your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Once cooked, sprinkle a small amount of cocoa powder (like, barely any) over the top of your slab and flip out on to a tea towel while still warm.
7. While still warm, sprinkle a small amount of cocoa powder on the other side and roll up into your Swiss roll shape and leave to cool.
8. While it’s cooling, prepare your icing/frosting by adding the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stirring to combine.
9. When the roll is cooled, roll back out, lay your icing/frosting into the middle and roll back up into your swiss roll smash the entire damn thing in one sitting because hell, it’s still festive season, get around it! (Or slice it into 8 and eat it responsibly)
Cals For Entire Batch: 709kcal
49C | 83P | 20F
Cals Per Serve: 88kcal
6C | 10P | 2.5F