• 2 lbs. lean beef stew meat
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups beef broth
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 cup cold water
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef stew meat and cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat and transfer to a slow cooker.
2. Add onion and garlic to the skillet, and cook until softened. Transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves, and paprika to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water. Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
6. Increase the heat to high and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened
Leave a Comment