These crispy Baked Chicken Tacos only take 30 minutes. They’re a perfect weeknight meal, and your family will love them.
We’re big fans of taco night in this house, and for the longest time these Instant Pot Ground Turkey Tacos have been our go-to. But these baked chicken tacos are creating quite the stir, because now we just can’t choose! Soft tortillas are stuffed with shredded chicken, cheese, veggies, and spices, then baked until the edges are perfectly crisp. And because they’re ready in 30 minutes, you can add these tacos to your weeknight rotation.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2-pound cooked chicken shredded (I used cooked Rotisserie chicken)
• 1 ounce Taco Seasoning click for homemade recipe!
• 1/2 cup onion diced
• 1 can diced tomato 14.5 ounce, fully drained
• 1 can Chopped Green Chiles 4.5 ounce, fully drained
• 10 Stand and Stuff Taco Shells I used Old El Paso
• 8 ounces Refried Beans 1/2 can
• 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese shredded
• Toppings such as Old El Paso sliced Jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, or any of your favorite taco toppings!
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
3. Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
4. Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes (FULLY DRAINED), and green chiles (FULLY DRAINED) *see note. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
5. Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on each side.
6. Bake the taco shells for 5 minutes by themselves to allow them to crisp up. Remove from the oven.
7. Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell.
8. Sprinkle each shell generously with shredded cheese, the more the better!
9. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
10. Remove from the oven and top with your favorite items such as jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.
Leave a Comment