How to make a basic chocolate cream cheese frosting recipe from scratch, perfect for cakes or cupcakes.
(in a hurry ? Save The Recipe For Later)
- Advertisement -
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• optional 2 oz melted chocolate
• 8 oz cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
• 1/4 cup butter or vegan butter
• 1 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 – 4 tbsp milk of choice
Let cream cheese and butter spread come to room temperature.
Beat all ingredients with an electric mixer or stand mixer (or by hand, which won’t be as whipped and fluffy but still works).
If too thick, very slowly add more milk of choice. If too thin, add additional powdered sugar.
Cover and refrigerate leftover frosting for up to a week.
Leave a Comment