HOMEMADE MARBLE CAKE
Homemade marble cake is a delightful dessert that combines the rich flavors of chocolate and vanilla in a visually appealing swirl. This classic recipe typically starts with a moist and buttery vanilla cake batter. To create the marble effect, a portion of the batter is mixed with cocoa powder or melted chocolate.
125 gr butter
225 gr sugar
1 glass of milk (200 ml)
250 gr flour
1 teaspoon yeast
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180º up and down.
2. In a bowl, mix the creamed butter (somewhat melted) with the sugar.
3. Once it is well mixed, add the 3 egg yolks (reserve the whites) and stir with the whisk until they are well integrated.
4. Add the milk and stir with the whisk.
5. Once everything is well integrated, little by little add the dry ingredients: flour and yeast. Mix everything with the whisk until there are no lumps.
6. In another bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff with the whisk.
7. Once the egg whites are whipped, little by little add the meringue to the mixture while stirring gently with the spatula, until everything is well integrated.
8. Separate the dough into two containers. Put 1/3 of the mixture in a container, add a tablespoon of cocoa and stir well.
9. In a mold, previously greased with butter and sprinkled with flour, you make a “sandwich” of dough. Pour a first layer of white dough, then add all the dough with cocoa and finish by covering it with the rest of the white dough.
10. Place the preheated mold in for 50 minutes (without opening the oven door). Then insert a needle into the center of the cake to see if the cake is ready.