Banana cake is a delicious dessert that combines the softness of a cake with the sweet flavor of ripe bananas, providing a moist texture and an irresistible aroma. Ideal for using up overripe bananas, this dessert is a comforting and tasty option for any occasion. It can be enjoyed alone or accompanied by nuts, cinnamon or even a light glaze.
• 3 ripe bananas
• 2 cups of wheat flour
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 3 eggs
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Before making the banana cake, make sure the bananas are ripe for the best flavor. Also, preheat the oven and grease the pan for even baking.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and flour a cake tin.
- In a large bowl, peel and mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add the sugar and melted butter to the mashed banana. Mix well until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then, add the vanilla essence and mix.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until smooth. If you are using nuts, add them and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once ready, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, unmold and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cool, you can cut it into portions and enjoy your delicious banana cake. I hope you enjoy this recipe! You can customize it by adding ingredients such as chocolate chips, raisins or other nuts according to your preference. Enjoy!