Berliners filled with pastry cream
Stuffed berlines are round, spongy fried or baked dough buns, usually with a center filled with cream, chocolate, jam or other flavors. They are popular as sweets and are often decorated with icing sugar.
• 250 ml of milk
• 7 grams of dry baker’s yeast
• 50 grams of sugar
• 500 grams of wheat flour
• 2 eggs
• 50 grams of butter at room temperature
• A pinch of salt
• Oil for frying
For the pastry cream:
• 500 ml of milk
• 4 egg yolks
• 150 grams of sugar
• 40 grams of cornstarch
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
5. Remove from heat, add vanilla essence and mix well. Let the cream cool, covered with plastic wrap, in direct contact with the surface to prevent a crust from forming.
1. Once the berlines are completely cooled, you can fill them with the pastry cream. You can use a pastry bag with a fine nozzle to inject the cream into the center of each berlin.
2. You can also make a small cut in the side of each saloon and fill it with a teaspoon.
3. Sprinkle icing sugar over the filled berlines before serving.
Enjoy your delicious berlines filled with pastry cream! Remember that these are general instructions, so feel free to adjust quantities and times based on your preferences and cooking experience.