Black Forest Cheesecake
Black Forest Cheesecake is a delectable dessert that combines the rich and creamy goodness of cheesecake with the indulgent flavors of the classic Black Forest cake. This delightful dessert features a chocolate cookie crust, a velvety smooth cheesecake filling, and a generous layer of cherry pie filling.
Ingredients for the cookie base:
– 200 g of crushed chocolate cookies or Oreo cookies
– 80 g melted butter
Ingredients for the cheese filling:
– 500 g cream cheese
– 200 g of sugar
– 3 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 200 g sour cream or whipping cream
– 2 tablespoons of flour
– 100 g of melted dark chocolate
Ingredients for assembly:
– 400 g of cherries (fresh or canned)
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of water
– Whipped cream to decorate
– Grated chocolate or chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
2. Mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a springform cake pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
4. Add the sour cream or whipping cream and flour, and mix until well combined.
5. Divide the cheese mixture into two parts. Add the melted chocolate to one half and mix until a uniform color is obtained.
6. Pour the non-chocolate cheese mixture over the cookie base in the mold.
7. Next, pour the chocolate cheese mixture over the white cheese layer.
8. Using a toothpick or knife, create a swirl effect in the cheese mixture for a decorative pattern.
9. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set but still a little jiggly. Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside with the door ajar for about 15 minutes, then take it out and let it cool completely.
10. While the cake is cooling, you can prepare the cherry topping. Cook the cherries with the sugar and water in a saucepan until they soften and release their juices. Let it cool.
11. Once the cake is completely cool, remove it from the pan and place it on a serving plate. Cover with the cherry mixture and its juice.