CANDIED FRUIT CAKE
300 grams of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
250 grams of Butter
100 grams of Sugar (½ cup) 60 grams of brown sugar (⅓ cup)
6 units of Eggs
80 grams of raisins
250 grams of varied candied fruit
1 unit of Lemon (zest)
½ teaspoon of Vanilla powder
2 tablespoons of Brandy
- To make this candied fruit cake recipe, we begin by soaking the raisins with the Brandy for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, we beat the butter together with the common sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one to the butter and sugar mixture and continue beating. Until one egg is completely integrated, we do not add the next one. We beat until we get a fine paste.
- Add the previously sifted flour with the baking powder and work the dough well. Once integrated, add the lemon zest, vanilla powder and continue mixing.
- Drain the raisins well, pass them lightly through flour and add them to the previous dough. We also incorporate the candied fruits of our preference, previously cut into small cubes. Pour in the Brandy that we used to soak the raisins and mix everything well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease and flour a mold suitable for the oven and pour the dough for the fruit cake into it. When the oven is hot, we bake the cake for 10 minutes at 180ºC. After this time, we lower the temperature to 160ºC and bake for 40 more minutes.
- Before removing the candied fruit cake from the oven, check the cooking point. If it is ready, we let it rest for 10 minutes in the turned off oven, turn out the mold on a wire rack and let it cool. We can decorate it with icing sugar or filleted almonds.