CASTELLA CAKE 😋
- Advertisement -
4 medium eggs, at room temperature
110g of sugar
2-3 tablespoons of honey
100g of strong flour
- In a metal bowl, break the eggs, add the sugar and beat with an electric mixer over boiling water on high speed for 6 minutes. The volume of beaten eggs will increase by about 4 times.
- Add the honey to the egg mixture and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Sift 1/3 of the flour into the mixture, then lightly beat on medium speed, then add another 1/3 of the flour and beat. Add the last 1/3 of the flour and beat until blended, about 1 minute. Do not over mix as this will cause the cake to fall over or go flat.
- Put parchment paper in a mold and pour the dough into the mold. With a skewer, draw a zigzag line to remove any large air bubbles from the dough. In this way, the cake will have a uniform texture.
- Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the top is deep brown. Then quickly cover with kitchen paper, lower the temperature to 170°C and continue baking. It will take about 55 minutes in total. Try a skewer, when it comes out clean the cake is done.
- When done, remove the cake from the pan and immediately cover the surface with plastic wrap.
- Turn the cake onto a flat plate and while it is hot put it in a plastic bag and leave it for 12 hours so that the cake has a moist texture.
- Before serving, cut the sides of the cake. Accompany with tea or coffee and a spoonful of Chantilly cream for a greater decadence.