CHEESE AND Puff Pastry CAKE
A cheese and puff pastry cake is a delightful savory treat that combines the rich, creamy goodness of cheese with the flaky, buttery layers of puff pastry. This delectable creation can be made in various ways, with different types of cheese, herbs, and seasonings to suit your taste.
60ml of water
1 teaspoon salt
130g grated cheese
160g cottage cheese
1 large puff pastry, cut in half
160ml melted butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Beat the eggs with salt and water. Add the flour and knead until the dough is completely non-sticky and a little hard to knead.
2. Form the dough into a log, cut it into 8 pieces, roll them up and let them rest for 1 hour.
3. Sprinkle your work surface with flour and roll out the dough into a disk. Add more flour on top, add another disk, more flour, one more disk of the dough and a final portion of flour.
4. Roll out the dough stack into 3 thinner layers. Separate the layer and roll each one individually until they are paper thin and transparent.
5. Repeat with the remaining dough.
6. Boil each sheet of dough in salted water with a little vegetable oil for one minute, then transfer to a bowl of ice water immediately. Be sure to add cold water to keep it cold all the time.
7. Mix both types of cheese until the paste forms.
8. Roll out each half of the pre-made puff pastry thinly to cover your baking sheet.
9. Layer puff pastry to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Add a layer of cooked dough, drizzle with butter and repeat this process with another 3 layers of cooked dough.
10. Spread the cheese filling on top, add another layer of cooked dough, more butter and continue until you fill the pan with layers of cooked dough with butter.
11. Cover with another sheet of thinly rolled puff pastry, tuck in the sides, cutting off excess if necessary.
12. Brush the surface with leftover butter and bake at 190C/375F for 40 minutes. Let cool before slicing