CHICKEN CROQUETTES 😋
1/2 chicken breast or leftover grilled chicken
1/2 spring onion
1/2 small carrot
2 large tablespoons of flour
200 ml of whole milk
100 ml of meat broth
2 large tablespoons of butter
1. We start by cooking an egg in water with a little salt and add the diced half breast and the sliced carrot. Once cooked we put everything under cold water. Peel the egg and chop very fine.
2. We shredded the chicken very well and cut the carrot into very small cubes. In a small frying pan, heat a little oil over medium heat and sauté the picada together with a little thyme and garlic. We booked.
3. In a wide skillet we melt the butter together with a splash of oil. Sauté the onion cut into very small pieces and when it is soft add the two large tablespoons of flour and sauté everything together for half a minute.
4. Add the meat broth little by little and without stopping stirring. When we have finished it, add the milk and continue stirring. We leave everything on low heat for a minute so that it takes consistency.
5. Introduce the minced chicken, egg and carrot into the pan and mix everything. We leave one more minute without stopping to remove and salt and pepper to taste.
6. We add a little nutmeg. The béchamel has to be consistent and dense so that the croquettes do not melt later when frying them.
7. We pass the bechamel to a large source and cover. Let cool in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, although we usually do it from morning to night.
8. We take the dough out of the fridge and with the help of two spoons we are taking portions of the dough and we are molding it so that they have the shape and size that we like. We put them in a bowl with the beaten egg and then coat them with breadcrumbs.
9. Once we have all of them done, we will fry them in plenty of very hot oil. To prevent them from falling apart, we will do them three by three so that the oil does not cool quickly.
10. When they are golden, we take them out on kitchen paper so that they absorb the excess fat. At the time of plating we serve together with a green salad dressed with lemon.