Ingredients For the cake:
100g of dark chocolate 80ml milk (hot)
120g of sugar
120g all purpose flour
30g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the chocolate ganache:
100g of dark chocolate
1. In a small bowl add the chocolate and pour the milk over it. Mix until the chocolate is melted and everything is well combined.
2. In a bowl add the butter and sugar and mix until the butter is creamy and the sugar dissolves. Gradually add the eggs and mix.
3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and mix well. Add the previously prepared chocolate and mix until everything is well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the pound cake pan (20x8x7cm – pound cake pan size) covered with parchment paper and level. Transfer to the oven and bake at 180°C/360°F for 60-90 minutes.
5. Add the chocolate and butter to the bowl and melt over the pot of hot water. Mix until well combined.
6. Pour the chocolate over the prepared cake and level well on all sides of the cake. Cut into pieces and serve.
Leave a Comment