1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
1/4 cup cacao
Pinch good-quality salt
6 medjool dates, pitted
2-3 Tbsp rice malt syrup
2 cups medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup hulled tahini OR peanut butter if tolerated
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 tsp good-quality salt
1/4 cup coconut condensed milk (can easily sub for 2 Tbsp tahini plus 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup)
100grams vegan dark chocolate
1 Tbsp coconut cream
1. Add flax meal, coconut, cacao and salt to a high-speed food processor. Pulse until combined. Add dates and 2 Tbsp rice malt, and pulse to forma sticky base. Add more rice malt is needed.
2. Press mixture into the base of preferred cake tin (I used a 15cm square one)
3. Add all caramel ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth. You will need to scrape the sides at least one.
4. Pour over your base layer, smooth with a hot spoon, and set in the freezer while you make the choc top.
5. Add chocolate and coconut condensed milk to a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pop of simmering water. Once melted pour onto of caramel base.
6. Allow to set in the freezer for atlas 4 hours. To serve, remove from freezer and cake tin. Use a very hot knife to slice into desired serves. Store in an air-tight container, and ENJOY!!!
Leave a Comment