MARÍA COOKIE FLAN WITHOUT OVEN 😋
- Advertisement -
for the caramel
3 tablespoons of water
For the flan
100g of sugar
½ liter of milk
18 Maria cookies
- Place the sugar in a small pot or quesillera and add water until all the sugar is wet.
- Heat over medium-low heat and stir a little when the sugar begins to brown. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Spread the syrup throughout the mold and reserve.
- Crush the Maria cookies and put them in the blender glass along with the rest of the flan ingredients.
- Blend at medium speed, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the mixture into the mold with the hardened caramel.
- Put the mold inside a deep frying pan or a larger pot.
- Add enough water in the pan or pot to reach about 3 centimeters below the edge of the mold. Take care that no water enters the mixture.
- Cover the mold with aluminum foil and cover the pan or pot with a lid.
- Bring to high heat, until the water begins to boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and let it simmer very slowly for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the burner and let stand until the water cools and you can remove the mold from the water without burning yourself.
- Let the flan cool to room temperature without uncovering it so that the surface does not dry out.
- Take to the fridge and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before unmolding.
- Flip the flan onto a large plate, serve and enjoy.