EASTER BREADS 😋
500g of flour
75g powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 lemon zest a pinch of salt
1 p. Dry yeast
200 g sultanas
50 g fruit, finely chopped, candied
75g flour Oil, for greasing
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, spices, salt, yeast, and lemon zest and mix.
- Gather the butter in a saucepan and heat the milk in a separate saucepan. Add the butter and half of the warm milk to the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg and knead to form a dough.
- Gradually pour in the remaining milk and knead until you get a smooth and elastic dough.
- Put the dough on a lightly floured work surface and knead by hand.
- Add the sultanas and candied fruit and lightly knead the dough in the food processor for 10 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and let sit for about 1½ hours until doubled in size.
- Turn out the dough on a floured work surface and divide it into 12 balls. Place the balls together on the tray and flatten them slightly.
- Cover the tray with the buns with plastic wrap and let it rest for 40-60 minutes.
- Put the flour in a container with 100 ml of water and stir to form a paste. Place the mixture in a piping bag and make a cross on each bun.
- Bake the hot cross buns until lightly golden, about 15-20 minutes. Let the yeast buns cool on a wire rack.