Homemade coconut balls
Coconut balls are small sweet treats made with grated coconut, condensed milk and sugar. Their smooth texture and tropical flavor make them a popular dessert in many cultures, especially in Latin America and Southeast Asia. They are ideal for satisfying coconut cravings and are easy to make at home.
• 200 grams of grated coconut
• 200 grams of condensed milk
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• A pinch of salt
• Powdered sugar (optional, to decorate)
Before preparing coconut balls, make sure you have all the ingredients ready and dried for better texture and flavor.
1. In a large bowl, mix the grated coconut, condensed milk, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. The resulting dough should be sticky and easy to shape.
2. Wash your hands and dry them well. This will prevent the mixture from sticking too much to your hands while you form the balls.
3. Take small portions of the mixture and roll them in your hands to form balls of the size you want. You can make them the size of a walnut or larger, depending on your preference.
4. If you wish, you can roll the balls in icing sugar to give them a sweet and decorative touch. This is optional, as the coconut balls are already naturally sweet due to the condensed milk.
5. Place the coconut balls on a tray or plate covered with wax paper or parchment paper to prevent them from sticking.
6. Refrigerate the coconut balls for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will help them firm up a bit and be easier to handle.
And that’s it! Now you have some delicious coconut balls ready to enjoy. You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you don’t consume them all right away. Enjoy!