HOMEMADE DONUTS 😋
- Advertisement -
1 tbsp instant dry yeast
120 ml warm milk
250 gr wheat flour
45 g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 pinch salt
1/2 lt Oil (only for frying)
- In a bowl, mix the yeast with the warm milk. Also, add 1 tablespoon of the same flour and 1 tablespoon of sugar (this will help activate the yeast). Mix well until there are no lumps and leave it resting for 15 minutes; you will see that the mixture has doubled in size.
- In another container, add all the dry ingredients, that is, flour, sugar and salt. Mix well with the help of a hand mixer.
- Add the activated yeast, egg, vanilla and butter. Mix with the help of a spoon and when finished, add an extra tablespoon of flour.
- Now we must put the dough on a clean and dry surface. We knead over and over again until it no longer sticks to your fingers, and if necessary, we add a few extra tablespoons of flour.
- Once the donut dough is no longer sticky, it’s ready for the fun to begin. We will continue kneading for about 10 more minutes, from side to side, forming a roll, and hitting it.
- In a container add a little oil, put the dough and cover it with a clean cloth. Now we must let the dough rise for about 40 minutes.
- You will notice that it grew like double. Flatten the dough so that all the air comes out and with the help of a rolling pin, stretch it until it is approximately one finger thick.
- We smear our circular mold with flour and proceed to cut. We pass them to a can or flat plate, which we must have previously oiled.
- With a small lid, cut and remove the inner hole of the donuts. Roll out the excess dough again, and repeat the process.
- Again we let them rest for about 30 more minutes, and you will see that they inflate very beautifully.
- Heat 1/2 liter of oil over low heat for about 15 minutes. Now we go on to cook our donuts, putting them for a minute on each side. Done, remove them and let them cool.
Leave a Comment