HOMEMADE SHORT BREAD
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 and 1/2 cups of sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
For the glaze
3 cups icing sugar
4 teaspoons water
1 drop pink food coloring or to taste
1. Put the sugar, eggs and oil in the bowl of a mixer and beat until all the ingredients are combined.
2. Add the baking powder to the flour, stir a couple of times, and when the mixer is off, add the flour to whatever is being whipped so it doesn’t fly out of the bowl.
3. Add vanilla and milk and beat until well blended. Once the mixture is well beaten, put it in an oven tray, the tray must be well buttered and with waxed paper in the bottom and bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
4. Remove the cortadillo from the oven and let it rest. Put the powdered sugar in a bowl, add 4 teaspoons of water and a drop of pink food coloring and mix until you get a good consistency.
5. Put the icing on the cortadillo, add the sprinkles and cut the cortadillo in the shape you want