Homemade chantilly cream
Chantilly cream is like the magic touch in baking. It is light, airy and sweet like a dream. Perfect to accompany desserts such as cakes and fruits. There’s nothing like a touch of Chantilly to make any dessert even more delicious!
• 1 cup whipping cream (also known as heavy cream or whipping cream)
• 2 tablespoons of icing sugar (impalpable sugar)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Before making the chantilly cream, make sure your ingredients are very cold to achieve a smooth and delicious texture. It’s been said, let’s beat it!
1. Start by cooling the cup of whipping cream. You can put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before using it. This will help the cream to whip up better.
2. Once the cream is cold, pour it into a large bowl. Add the 2 tablespoons of icing sugar.
3. If you wish, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for an additional touch of flavor. Vanilla gives it a delicious aroma and flavor!
4. Now, with an electric mixer or a hand mixer, start whipping the cream on medium speed. It is important to beat until the cream begins to thicken and forms soft peaks. This should take approximately 3-5 minutes.
5. Be careful not to overmix, as the cream could turn into butter. So when you see soft peaks forming, stop the mixer.
6. Your chantilly cream is ready to be used. You can serve it immediately over your favorite desserts, such as strawberries, cakes or ice cream. You can also refrigerate it until you need it.
Ready! Now you have the recipe to prepare a delicious chantilly cream at home. It is a perfect addition to give a special touch to your desserts. Enjoy it!