2 & 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup cold butter (113g)
1/3 cup plain yoghurt
1/4 cup lemon curd
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl sift in flour, baking powder bicarbonate of soda,sugar and salt. Whisk well. Then add the grated lemon peel.
2 . Add butter . Rub it in using your finger tips until you get a crumbly mixture.
3. In a small bowl add yoghurt, egg , lemon curd and vanilla. Mix together. Pour this mixture in the flour mixture.
4. Mix just to combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Then transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
5. Spread the dough and slightly flatten it using a rolling pin or your palm .
5. Dip your cookie cutter in flour as you cut out each piece.Place on a prepared baking tray.
6. Brush the top with yoghurt or egg wash .
7. Bake in a preheated at 180 Degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top .