RED VELVET CAKE 😋
For the cake:
250 gr of unsalted butter
330 gr of white sugar
10 g red food coloring (gel or paste)
1 teaspoon of natural vanilla essence
375 gr of refined and unleavened flour
35 gr of bitter cocoa
1 teaspoon of baking powder
370 ml sour milk (in the procedure I explain how to make it at home)
1 teaspoon baking soda
For the cheese topping:
280 g unsalted butter at room temperature
280 gr of talc sugar or powdered sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
600 grams of cream cheese
To decorate the cake:
Natural strawberries w/n
For the sour milk:
- Place the milk and lemon juice in a bowl and blend with a wire whisk.
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Prepare 3 molds of 20 cm in diameter and 3 cm high with parchment paper on the base.
- Place the butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the white sugar and coloring and beat until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the essence of vanilla. To integrate.
- In another bowl, sift the dry ones: flour and baking powder.
- Add the dry and acid milk to the interspersed preparation. To integrate.
- Add the baking soda to the vinegar. It’s going to fizz. Incorporate into the preparation.
- Divide the preparation and place it in the 3 lunch boxes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until when pierced with a stick it comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature. Reserve.
For the cream cheese topping:
- Place the ointment butter (at room temperature) in a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer to make it very creamy.
- Sift the powdered sugar, adding it to the bowl with the butter.
- Again, beat with an electric mixer so that it is very creamy. It is important that the preparation is well integrated and homogeneous.
- Add the cream cheese beating until completely integrated.
For the assembled:
- Place a dot of cream cheese on the foot of the cake so that the biscuits do not move.
- Unmold the biscuits.
- Place the first cake and a layer of cream cheese on top.
- Place the second cake and another layer of cream cheese.
- Place the last cake turned.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream cheese.
- Decorate the cake with natural strawberries.
IMPORTANT: It is not necessary that you have 3 molds. You can cook the cakes one at a time or you can also make a whole one and cut it into 3 discs.