For The Base
250 g (8.8 oz) digestive biscuits
100 g (3.5 oz) slightly salted butter melted
1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cinnamon
For The Cheesecake Filling
200 g (7.1 oz) white chocolate melted
300 ml (10.1 floz) double cream
560 g (1.2 lb) cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
100 g (3.5 oz) caster sugar
For The Mango Topping
2 cans mango slices in juice 230g/8oz drained weight per can – don’t throw away the juice
10 g (0.4 oz) powdered gelatine
25 g (0.9 oz) caster sugar
Make The Base
• Break the digestive biscuits down to a fine crumb – you can do this in a bag with a rolling pin, or in a food processor. Tip the crumbs into a bowl.
• Add the cinnamon and mix.
• Stir in the melted butter.
• Tip the crumb into a greased 23cm (9in) springform tin. Press down firmly to create an even base, then place in the fridge to chill.
Make The Cheesecake Filling
• Melt the white chocolate and set aside to cool – it can’t go into the cheesecake mixture hot.
• Put the cream cheese, cream, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick.
• Add the cooled melted white chocolate and whisk briefly to combine.
• Tip the filling into the tin, level off with a spatula and place in the fridge.
Make The Mango Topping
• Put the gelatine in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of liquid from the jug.
• Leave for a few minutes and it should turn to a thick gel.
• Open the mango tins and measure 240ml (1 cup) of juice into a jug. Warm the juice in the jug so it is hot but not boiling.
• Add the gelatine and sugar and stir until dissolved. Set the juice aside to cool to room temperature.
• Retrieve the cheesecake from the fridge and arrange the drained mango slices on top. Chop a final piece into chunks to arrange in the centre, if you like.
• Pour the cooled juice over the top – you might not need it all. Place in the refrigerator to chill over night.
• When you’re ready to serve your cheescake, run a knife around the inside of the tin then unclip and allow the sides to drop away.
• Slide the cheesecake onto a board and slice with a sharp knife to serve.
Leave a Comment