THREE MILK CAKE 😋
1 cup of refined sugar
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
1/3 cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 can (397 grams) of condensed milk
1 can (378 grams) evaporated milk
2 cups of whipping cream
10 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease and flour a 9-inch-diameter baking dish.
- Place the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of sugar in a bowl, and beat with an electric mixer at the point of ribbon (until they look almost white and fluffy). Reduce mixer speed and add milk, vanilla, flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff (until they form soft peaks). Continuing to beat, gradually add the rest of the sugar. Continue beating until they form firm peaks, but do not let them dry out. Wrap in the yolk mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes, until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let cool inside the pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife along the edge of the pan to loosen the cake. Unmold and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Prick the surface of the cake several times with a fork.
- Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Separate 1 cup of this tres leches mixture (discard or reserve in the refrigerator for another use) and gradually pour the rest over the cake until absorbed.
- Separately, beat the rest of the whipping cream until it reaches the consistency of whipped cream. Cover the cake with it and decorate with the cherries.