10 Lasagna Noodles
6 cups (1,419 ml) of Vegetable Broth
1 cup (137 g) Raw Mylk Cashews
1 small Onion ( 147 g) chopped
4 cloves of Garlic minced
1 medium Zucchini (275 g) sliced and quartered
1 medium Yellow Squash (275 g) sliced and quartered
8 oz (227 g) Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 cups (60 g) of Spinach chopped
1 1/4 Tbsp (18.75 g) Miso Paste
1 1/2 tsp (7.5 g) fresh Thyme
1/2 tsp ( 2.5 g) dried Basil
1/2 tsp (2.5 g) dried Oregano
pinch of Red Chili flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
chopped Parsley & grated Vegan Parmesan for garnish
1. Soak the cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes. drain, rinse and set aside.
2.Make the cashew cream by blending the soaked cashews with 1 cup of veggie broth and the miso paste until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
3.Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions for desired doneness. Drain, rinse and set aside.
4. In a large pot sauté the onion until translucent. About 3-5 minutes. Add in the zucchini, squash, red chili flakes, thyme, basil, oregano and continue cooking for another 6- 8 minutes.
5. Add in the garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking for 5-8 minutes or until the mushrooms have cooked down.
6. Add 5 cups of veggie broth and lower the heat to a medium simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
7. Add the chopped spinach and cashew cream to the soup and simmer for another 8-10 minutes on low heat or until the spinach has wilted. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
8. Cut the cooled lasagna noodles with scissors into halves and quarters. Add a serving of noodles to each dish and cover with soup and vegetables.
Note: For a thicker soup add the cut lasagna noodles to the pot and let cook for 5-10 minutes before serving.