• 1 yellow onion
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• Olive oil
• 600g semi-lean ground beef
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 C. chili powder
• 1 C. sweet smoked paprika
• 1 C. cumin
• 1/2 tsp. Italian spices
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 1 cup black beans, rinsed and well drained
• 1 cup kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
• 796ml diced tomatoes with Italian spices
• 500 g macaroni, cooked very al dente
• 2 cups grated Gouda cheese
• 1 cup (or 2) grated cheddar cheese
• 1 small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper from the mill
1. In a large saucepan (which is oven safe) heated over medium heat, add the onion and garlic followed by a good drizzle of olive oil. Salt, pepper and mix. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
2. Add the ground beef and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink. Break into small pieces. Drain the fat.
3. Add the bell pepper, chili, paprika, cumin and Italian spices then mix. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
4. Add corn, beans, tomatoes and macaroni then season with salt and pepper. Mix and continue cooking for about 5 to 6 minutes, until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has almost all evaporated. Remove from fire.
5. Add the gouda cheese, fresh parsley and mix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to GRILL.
7. Bury with the cheddar cheese and place in the oven. Bake for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely browned on top! Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
8. Enjoy !
Leave a Comment