Rich, wonderful old-timey like cobbler!!!! Great for potlucks and get-togethers. Fast, easy and always a hit! Great with ice cream!!
This scrumptious Chocolate Cobbler is a classic Southern dessert recipe. With a delicious brownie-like topping and a rich fudge sauce on the bottom, this Chocolate Cobbler is like a lava cake but so much easier to make. Great for reunions, potlucks, and more!
• 1 c flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2/3 c sugar
• 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
• 2 tbsp butter melted
• 1/2 c milk
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 c chopped walnuts optional
• 1/4 c sugar
• 1/2 c brown sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp cocoa
• 1 c water boiling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. Then stir in the melted butter, milk and vanilla.
3. Spread the mixture into a greased 1.5 qt casserole dish (or square pan). Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine the dry topping ingredients (sugar, brown sugar, salt and cocoa). Sprinkle on top of the batter; do not stir.
5. Pour the boiling water on top; do not stir.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the cake is almost set. The cake will rise to the top and a pudding will form on the bottom.
7. Serve warm with ice cream.
Leave a Comment