3 eggs 200g (1 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅔ cup (200 g) yogurt
280 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
16 g (2 tablespoons) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
30 g (2 tablespoons) melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 170C/340F. Line a 16cm round baking dish with parchment.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add the yogurt and beat until combined.
3. Separately sift the flour and beat it with the cinnamon and baking powder.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients until a smooth dough forms.
5. Peel and core an apple, cut into cubes and mix into the batter.
6. Pour in the batter and spread it evenly in the baking pan. Place another apple, cored and thinly sliced, on top.
7. Pour in the melted butter and bake the cake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Leave a Comment