This chocolate gravy lets you have chocolate for breakfast! It’s excellent served over hot, flaky biscuits or homemade drop biscuits. Everyone will be cheering for more.
These chocolate biscuits are flaky, buttery and chocolatey – a wonderful twist on a traditional biscuit recipe. I love one with a pat of butter, but they also make the best chocolate strawberry shortcake dessert. So it’s recipe for breakfast and dessert – what’s better than that?
• 365ml (1 ½ cup) warm milk
• 200 g chocolate, melted
• 4 tbsp chopped hazelnuts, divided
• 30g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
• 400g biscuits
• For topping:
• 180ml (¾ cup) heavy whipping cream
• 80g chocolate, melted
• For decoration:
• Hazelnut cream
• Hazelnut grains
1. In a bowl combine warm milk, melted chocolate, half of the chopped hazelnuts, cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
2. Place 2 1/2 packs of biscuits into a bowl and crush each biscuit into 4 parts. Add remaining chopped hazelnuts to the same bowl.
3. Gently pour chocolate sauce over crushed biscuits and mix well. Make sure all biscuits are covered with the sauce.
4. Transfer the “batter” into a springform cake tin and press down well with a spoon to avoid air gaps.
5. In a separate bowl whisk heavy whipping cream with melted chocolate and pour over the biscuit layer. Transfer to the fridge to chill overnight.
6. Unmold the cake carefully. Decorate it with hazelnut cream and sprinkle it with hazelnut grains before serving. Slice and enjoy!
#icancookchallenge #cookingchallenge #5dishchallenge #5differentlookchallenge #BOOMchallenge #firstpicturechallenge
Leave a Comment