Caramelized rice pudding
Caramelized rice pudding is a traditional dessert that combines cooked rice with milk and sugar, which is cooked until caramelized. This creamy, comforting sweet is popular in many cultures and is often served with cinnamon or lemon zest for flavor. Its soft texture and the caramelized touch on top make it a pleasure for the palate.
• 1 cup short grain rice
• 4 cups of milk
• 1/2 cup of sugar
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 piece of lemon peel
• 1 piece of orange peel
• Cinnamon stick
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1/4 cup of sugar for the caramel
Before making caramelized rice pudding, make sure you have all the ingredients on hand. Patience is key to achieving a delicious and creamy dessert.
1. Rinse the rice under cold water and drain.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the 4 cups of milk over medium heat along with the lemon peel, orange peel, cinnamon stick and a pinch of salt. Don’t let the milk boil, just heat it until it’s about to boil. Then, remove the peels and cinnamon.
3. In another saucepan, caramelize the sugar. To make it, heat 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and turning golden. Be careful not to burn it.
4. Once the sugar is caramelized, carefully pour the hot milk over the caramelized sugar. Be careful, as the caramel may bubble when it comes into contact with hot milk. Stir well until the caramel is completely dissolved in the milk.
5. Add the rinsed rice to the milk and caramel mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30-40 minutes or until the rice is tender and the mixture has thickened. If necessary, add more milk during cooking if the rice absorbs too much.
6. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
7. Serve the caramelized rice pudding hot or cold, sprinkled with cinnamon powder if desired.
I hope you enjoy this delicious caramelized rice pudding dessert! If you have any questions about the recipe or need help with anything else, feel free to ask in the comments section.