- Advertisement -
300g of pastry dulce de leche
150g cornstarch (corn starch)
3 egg yolks
50g of powdered sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. of baking powder
Grated coconut (needed amount)
- Place the butter in a bowl until softened.
- Add the sugar and beat until you get a creamy preparation.
- Perfume with the essence of vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and beat well.
- Incorporate the cornstarch, if possible sifting it together with the baking powder.
- Form a bun, trying to touch the dough as little as possible.
- Wrap in a film and take to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Then stretch the dough with a rolling pin on a floured table until it is ½ cm thick and cut discs of the desired size (generally they are 4 or 5 cm in diameter) with a cookie cutter or if we do not have one, with the mouth of a glass. Keep in mind that they grow when baked.
- Place the discs on a buttered plate somewhat separated so they don’t stick.
- Preheat the oven to approximately 200ºC and cook the discs for 5 minutes until they are slightly golden. It is important not to overcook them.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the discs from the plate (with the help of a spatula) and let them cool before assembling.