Delicious and Fluffy Chocolate Cake
250 grams of Dark Chocolate
6 dessert spoons of Butter
½ cup of Sugar (100 grams)
2 units of Eggs
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon powder
½ teaspoon of Salt
¾ cup of Water (180 milliliters)
100 grams of flour
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC. If you have a microwave, you can melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl for about 2 minutes or if not in a water bath, over medium heat, mixing well until everything is well melted. Tip: To make a sponge cake well, it is important that the chocolate does not burn.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and add the sugar, and with a mixer or some rods mix well until the sugar is incorporated with the chocolate.
- You add the eggs one by one and mix well, then add the vanilla, salt and cinnamon, mix well.
4 . Then add 1/4 cup flour and baking soda and continue to mix the chocolate sponge cake batter well.
- Finally, add the water and the rest of the sugar and incorporate all the ingredients well. With this process we already have the base dough to make the fluffy chocolate cake.
- Place the mixture of the spongy chocolate cake in a greased and floured mold and take it to the oven for about 30 minutes at 180ºC or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the sponge cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate and cool.
- You can decorate the chocolate sponge cake with a chocolate ganache or chocolate cake frosting, or top it with fruit before serving.