Homemade bread is a beloved staple in many households. The process of making it involves simple yet essential ingredients: flour, water, yeast, and a pinch of salt. Mixing and kneading the dough is a labor of love, and the waiting period as the bread rises fills the kitchen with an enticing aroma.
• 800g of wheat flour
• 540g of water
• 25g of salt
• 7g dry yeast
1. Place the flour with dry yeast and salt in a bowl and mix well
2. Add water and mix.
3. Cover the dough and let it rest for 1 hour
4. Press the dough slightly flat and then fold (at least 3 times)
5. Place the dough in a hot Dutch oven, cover and bake at 250°C/480F for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and continue baking for 20 minutes so that the bread turns brown
7. When the bread is ready, remove the Dutch oven and let the bread cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.