Homemade brioches are a delightful treat that bring warmth and comfort to any kitchen. These soft, buttery, and slightly sweet bread rolls are a labor of love, requiring patience but rewarding with their rich, indulgent flavor and aroma. To make them, you’ll need simple ingredients like flour, eggs, sugar, butter, and yeast.
15 grams of fresh yeast
2 tablespoons of warm milk
425 grams of white strength flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 and a half teaspoons of salt
175 grams of softened butter
Half a cup of raisins
1. Mix the yeast and milk and let it bubble.
2. Beat the flour, sugar and yeast with an electric mixer.
3. Add 4 eggs, mix and add two more (one by one) keep mixing until they are well incorporated into the dough. Add the salt and butter and mix. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let it rest for two hours in a warm place, where it is not exposed to drafts.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl, press it with the fist of your hand and flatten it on a floured surface. Return to bowl and let stand covered until doubled in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
6. When the dough has doubled in size, press it with your hand and divide into two parts. Add the raisins and mix.
7. Fill the mold(s) with the dough and brush with beaten egg. Bake the brioches for 20 minutes.