HOMEMADE CHURROS STEP BY STEP
- Advertisement -
150 gr flour
125 ml whole milk
125 ml water
1 pinch of salt
1 egg white
- Pour the milk and water into a saucepan and add a pinch of salt. Put it over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Sift the flour and add it to the saucepan with the milk and water. Cook the flour in the saucepan for a minute and a half over medium heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, put the dough in a bowl and add an egg white to the mixture. Keep stirring. You can put the dough in a bowl and knead it with your hands.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the flour is resting, pour plenty of light oil (> 200 ml) in a 24 cm frying pan and put it over medium heat for 8/9 minutes until it reaches 180 degrees.
- Once the oil is ready, make a cylinder shape with the dough and put it in a churrera.
- Fry the churros for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. In total the churros are in the pan for about 6 minutes.
- Remove the churros from the frying pan with a skimmer and place them on a plate with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Put 100 grams of sugar in a small bowl and coat the freshly made churros in sugar. And eat!