HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD
Homemade French bread, with its unmistakable aroma and taste, is a culinary treasure loved worldwide. Baking this classic bread involves simple ingredients: flour, water, yeast, and a pinch of salt. What sets it apart is the meticulous process, including kneading and allowing the dough to rise, which develops its characteristic chewy interior and golden, crusty exterior.
1 teaspoon sugar
7 grams of dry yeast
1 cup of warm water
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1.Combine the yeast with the sugar in a cup. Add the warm water, mix and let stand until it doubles in volume.
2. In a large bowl or on a clean table, mix the flour with the salt; make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture.
3. Knead until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
4. Develop the gluten in the dough: transfer the dough to a clean, floured table. Knead it and tap it lightly against the table, do this until, when stretching the dough very thin, it does not break.
5. Place the dough in a lightly greased glass bowl, cover it with a clean cloth and let it rest in a warm place until it doubles in volume.
6. Portion the bolillo dough into medium-sized balls and shape each one. To do this, flatten the balls with the palm of your hand, stretch them a little to the sides and bring two opposite sides to the center, stretch the corners to make them longer.
7. Rest the bolillos on a baking sheet, cover them with a cloth and return to ferment until they increase in volume.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and cooked inside.
9. Take out your bolillos and let them cool a little before enjoying them.