JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE 😋
30 grams of flour
20 grams of cornstarch
180 grams of cream cheese
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons of whole milk
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
70 grams of sugar
½ teaspoon lemon juice
Icing sugar to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Put a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and, in a bowl that fits over the saucepan, mix the cream cheese, butter and milk until combined.
3. Add the egg yolks and vanilla. Mix until integrated.
4. Add the flour and sifted cornstarch with the help of a strainer. Integrate with the help of a spatula.
5. In a large bowl, add the egg whites and lemon juice. Beat with the help of electric rods until they have caught a little air. Go adding the sugar little by little without stopping beating until you get a creamy meringue without bubbles.
6. Gradually incorporate the meringue into the previous mixture and integrate it by making soft and enveloping movements with the help of a kitchen spatula.
7. Pour the mixture into a tall cake or biscuit pan. Place the mold on a baking tray, pour 1-2 cm of hot water on the tray and bake in a water bath for 30 minutes at 150 °C. Reduce to 110°C and bake another 30 minutes. Lastly, rise to 135°C and bake another 15 minutes.
8. Once cooked, turn off the oven and let it warm inside with the door half open. Remove it from the water bath and let it rest for another 15 minutes. Unmold, sprinkle icing sugar and voila!