✅ 2 cups self-raising flour
✅ 3/4 cup almond meal
✅ 2 medium Oranges (1 1/2 cups orange juice + zest)
✅ 1 cup sugar (I used half brown, half white)
✅ 1/2 cup olive oil
Optional: 1 tsp vanilla
✅ 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
✅ 1 cup icing sugar
Optional: dried oranges for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/ 350 degrees F. Line a loaf tin with non-stick paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, almond meal, sugar and zest of one orange.
3. Peel the oranges and blend them in a blender (I used my @vitamix ) until it becomes juice. Aim for 1 1/2 cups of juice.
4. Pour the orange juice and olive oil into the flour mix. Gently fold to combine until no lumps of flour remain
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
6. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to fully cool before frosting
7. Make the glaze: Mix the icing sugar and orange juice until a smooth spreadable consistency.
8. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake. *Optional decorate with dried oranges!
*Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days or in the fridge for a week