It’s like a pasta primavera with a variety of vegetables in a light sauce, plus some extra favorites. If you have been with me for a while, you know my love for artichokes and olives is real They add lots of flavor and are so good with the roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs.
1/2 lb. farfalle
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 bell peppers, finely chopped
2 medium zucchini, chopped
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp dried tarragon
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/3 to 1/2 cup peas (preference)
1/3 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
3/4 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup fresh parsley or basil, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile roast the sliced tomatoes, seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper and around 2 tsp olive oil, at 400 degrees F for approx 20 to 25 min until juices release and they start to wilt.
3. Meanwhile, cook onions in the 3 tbsp oil until translucent about 7 min, stir often. Add the bell peppers, cook another 5 min. Add zucchini and peas, cook for 5 min.
4. Add salt, pepper, dried herbs, broth, tomato paste, olives and artichokes. Stir well.
5. Add pasta and roasted tomatoes, cook together for a minute. Stir in the fresh herbs and lemon juice. Serve.
Leave a Comment